I recently created some new recipes inspired by the Mediterranean Diet, and included them while tracking my Weight Watchers points.
I incorporated lots of fresh ingredients, ditching the processed foods, and included heart-healthy fats and oils.
The best part is they are quick and easy, and share lots of the same ingredients, so I could shop once and make lots of different variations with the same foods.
Here’s one I came up with (still working on the photos):
Mediterranean Artichoke Shrimp & Pasta Toss
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 11 medium/large frozen pre-cooked shrimp, thawed
- 2 oz. whole-grain penne pasta, cooked and cooled
- Artichoke hearts, canned in water (to taste)
- 5 grape tomatoes
- 5 black olives
WHAT YOU DO:
While thawing shrimp in cold running water according to package directions, combine the remaining ingredients.
Toss in thawed shrimp and enjoy.
Entire serving: 8 Weight Watchers Plus Points
- Shrimp and Artichoke Salad – 6 Weight Watchers Plus Points
- Spinach Salad with Feta Crumbles – 7 Weight Watchers Plus Points
- Shrimp & Pesto Pasta Toss – 9 Weight Watchers Plus Points
- Homemade 5 ingredient Pesto recipe