I recently created some new recipes inspired by the Mediterranean Diet, and included them while tracking my Weight Watchers points.
I incorporated lots of fresh ingredients, ditching the processed foods, and included heart-healthy fats and oils.
The best part is they are quick and easy, and share lots of the same ingredients, so I could shop once and make lots of different variations with the same foods.
Here’s one I came up with (still working on the photos):
Mediterranean Shrimp and Artichoke Salad
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 11 medium/large frozen pre-cooked shrimp, thawed
- artichoke hearts, canned in water (to taste)
- baby spinach
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice (more or less to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
WHAT YOU DO:
While thawing shrimp in cold running water according to package directions, make a bed of baby spinach on your serving dish. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, and black pepper and toss. Top with thawed shrimp and enjoy.
Entire serving: 6 Weight Watchers Plus Points
- Artichoke Shrimp & Pasta Toss – 8 Weight Watchers Plus Points
- Spinach Salad with Feta Crumbles – 7 Weight Watchers Plus Points
- Shrimp & Pesto Pasta Toss – 9 Weight Watchers Plus Points