Here’s a delicious recipe for a creamy, garlicky, lemony pasta. The hubs even enjoyed it and he is not even a pasta fanatic like I am. 🙂
Here’s what I did…
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 lemon: zested, and juiced
- 1/2 c. chopped green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 c. shredded Parmigiano Reggiana cheese + more for garnish
- 1 c. half and half
- 1 lb. thin spaghetti
- 10 oz. fresh spinach
WHAT YOU DO:
- In a stock pot, bring salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta then cook for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the lemon juice, zest, green onions, and garlic to a simmer. Add the half and half, whisk for 1 minute, and make sure you don’t scald the mixture.
- Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Add spinach to the boiling water while the pasta is still cooking, and cook for 3 more mins (or until the pasta is al dente).
- Drain the pasta/spinach, then return to the pot and toss with lemon mixture.
- Add the shredded cheese and toss to combine.
- Garnish with more cheese then serve.
recipe adapted from cozycountryliving.com
Here’s another pasta recipe I recently tried and loved: Spicy Thai Noodles. Check it out! 🙂
Or, for a healthy option, substitute zucchini ribbons in place of pasta noodles – here’s my Zoodles recipe.