I’m on a noodle kick! After making some Creamy Lemon Spinach Pasta the other day, I tried a Spicy Thai Noodle recipe. Sooooo yummy.
I ate a few bites when it was still warm, and thought it was gross! I threw it in the fridge though, and ate it cold like recommended in the recipe from asmallsnippet.com, and it was *awesome!* It was really spicy, and I love spice, so feel free to adjust the amount of crushed red pepper.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 box linguine
- 1 Tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes (NOTE: this was super spicy. If you’re not a spicy fan, try reducing the red pepper flakes by say half or so?)
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. sesame oil
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 1/3 c. honey
- Optional toppings: sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, crushed peanuts, toasted seasme seeds
WHAT YOU DO:
- Cook noodles according to instructions on package then drain.
- While noodles are boiling heat the oils and crushed red pepper in a pan.
- Strain out pepper flakes, then into the oil whisk in the soy sauce and honey.
- Pour the oil mixture into the noodles and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for a few hours, or until cold.
- Before serving add toppings.
Looking for a low-carb, healthier option? Here’s an un-noodle recipe I made using zucchini ribbons: Zoodles!