Part of my SHOP ONCE, MAKE 10 FREEZER RECIPES project.
I made two lasagnas and froze them, though you could always prepare one right away, and freeze the extra.
Creamy Onion Lasagna
MAKES Two 9×13″ pans of lasagna — 12 servings each
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 16 oz French onion dip
- 2 large jars (45 oz each) pasta sauce – FYI I accidentally used just 1 in the photo, but you need 2 😉
- 24 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Two 9×13 baking pans (I used the foil type)
- If freezing: heavy duty foil, permanent marker, plastic wrap, jumbo storage bags (a 9×13 pans fit into a 2.5 gallon bag perfectly)
WHAT YOU DO:
Cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl then add 1 jar pasta sauce, eggs, cottage cheese, and dip.
Spread a layer of sauce from the unopened jar in each of the 9×13 pans. Add a layer of noodles on each, then the meat mixture, and cheese. Repeat layers, alternating the noodles, meat mixture, and cheese until pans are full.
If preparing right away: Bake 50-60 mins at 375F or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 mins before cutting.
If freezing: Wrap in foil and plastic wrap/jumbo storage bag. Label with a permanent marker as pictured, and store in freezer. To use, thaw in fridge overnight. 30 mins before baking, set out. Preheat oven to 375F and bake 50-60 mins (or until internal temperature is at least 165F), until golden brown and bubbly.