Here’s an all natural recipe to remove pet stains from carpet. It’s just 2 ingredients that you already have: baking soda and vinegar.
We adopted a little chihuahua mix from our local humane society, who is ALMOST potty trained, sigh. We are going through carpet cleaner like crazy and I cannot wait for the glorious days when she’s completely housebroken. 🙂 Until then, here’s what I’ve found is a great stain remover.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- mixture of half white vinegar, plus half water (I mixed mine in an empty spray bottle)
- baking soda (approximately 2-3 spoonfuls for a small stain, and more for larger areas)
WHAT YOU DO:
- blot the stain with a white paper towel or rag to remove as much of the moisture as you can
- wet the stain with the vinegar mixture, then sprinkle baking soda on top, which will soak up the liquid eventually
- make sure to do vinegar first and THEN baking soda, otherwise you might end up with a foaming volcanic situation
- place a bowl or plate upside down on the area to keep pets (and/or kids) out of it
- let sit a few hours – the baking soda will soak up the mosture
- remove as much of the paste as you can, then vacuum remaining baking soda
NEED MORE NATURAL CLEANING IDEAS? CHECK OUT THESE…