Gotta love Crock Pot recipes! Here’s one for CHEESY BACON HASHBROWNS. It’s basically the best. EVER. You just mix everything in your slow cooker and let it do its thing.
- 1 pkg, partially thawed, frozen shredded hashbrowns (usually they come in bags of approx. 1 lbs. or 2-ish lbs.)
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (don’t add water)
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese + extra if you want any for a topping
- 1/4 c milk
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- 3 oz cooked bacon bits + extra if you want any for a topping
WHAT YOU DO:
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray, or line with a crock pot liner. After making this for Thanksgiving yesterday, I would recommend splurging on the liner. We sprayed the crock pot with Pam but still ended up with a crusty mess. 😉
Add all ingredients to the slow cooker, then mix everything together.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Optional: before serving sprinkle with additional cheese and/or bacon bits.
recipe adapted from thefrugalgirls