Using just 5 simple ingredients you can make a delicious teriyaki chicken dish, on a bed of fluffy rice, topped with a sriracha cream sauce. This was so super delicious I can’t wait to make this recipe again.
You could also lighten it up by using a bed of greens instead of rice, and make it into a salad.
Baked Teriyaki Chicken with Sriracha Cream Sauce
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 c uncooked rice
- 1/2 c teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 1-2 Tbs sriracha sauce
- optional toppings: sesame seeds, green onions
WHAT YOU DO:
- Prepare rice according to package directions (I used my all time fave rice cooker.)
- While the rice is cooking preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with foil and spray with non-cook cooking spray.
- Place chicken pieces into the baking pan, pour teriyaki sauce on top, and cover pan with foil.
- Bake for 20-25 min then remove from oven.
- Flip the chicken pieces over and spoon teriyaki from the pan on top of the chicken.
- Return to the oven, uncovered, for 5-8 min, or until chicken is cooked through. Cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of the chicken pieces.
- To make the sriracha cream sauce, whisk together the mayo and sriracha until combined. Place in a squeeze bottle, or a ziplock sandwich bag with a tiny piece of a corner snipped off.
- To serve, place rice on a serving platter, then add cooked chicken, and top with teriyaki sauce from baking pan, cream sauce (I placed it in a ziplock bag, clipped the corner, and squeezed it on), and optional toppings.
recipe adapted from chelseasmessyapron.com