Delicious chicken chimichangas – baked not fried! I used a slow cooker 3-ingredient fiesta chicken for the filling, stuffed with delicious guacamole, and refried beans.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 lb. uncooked skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup (don’t add water)
- 1 16-oz jar salsa
- 6 flour tortillas (fajita size)
- ½ c refried beans
- 1 c guacamole
- 1 c shredded cheese (cheddar, monterey, jack cheese, etc.)
- oil or cooking spray
- optional toppings: additional guacamole, salsa, sour cream, olives, lettuce, jalapenos, green onions, cilantro, lime zest, lime wedges
WHAT YOU DO:
- In slow cooker, add the soup, salsa, and chicken. Cook 3-4 hours on LOW (or 2-3 hours on HIGH), or until throroughly cooked. After chicken is done, using 2 forks, shred into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 425, and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, or cover with a thin layer of oil.
- While oven is heating, lay tortillas out on a flat surface. Spread refried beans in the middle of each.
- Spread guacamole on top of the beans. Add chicken, then shredded cheese.
- Roll into a burrito shape, and place on baking sheet. Spray the tops with cooking spray, or brush a tiny amount of oil on each.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tortillas brown and are crispy.
- Add optional toppings, and serve.
recipe adapted from lecremedelacrumb.com