Woo hoo, another delicious freezer meal perfect for the slow cooker! This one is super easy; you just put everything in a ziplock bag and freeze. When you’re ready, just thaw it, and dump it out in the Crock Pot to cook.
This is perfect to serve over a salad, on tortilla chips, wrapped in a burrito, or over rice.
You can even make up a bunch of batches; prepare one right away and freeze the extras.
Slow Cooker Black Bean & Corn Salsa Chicken Recipe
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 lb. uncooked, skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 c. salsa
- 1 can (15-16 oz.) corn, drained
- 1 can (15-16 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15-16 oz.) red chili beans in mild chili sauce (do not drain)
- 1 packet (approx. 1 oz.) reduced-sodium taco seasoning
WHAT YOU DO:
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Label with the following:
– Slow cooker LOW for 7-8 hrs (or HIGH for 3-4 hrs)
– Shred before serving
To prepare right away:
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low for 7-8 hours (or high for 3-4 hrs). Shred with two forks before serving.