Stuffed Turkey Breast Wrapped in Bacon
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 c. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- Boneless, skinless turkey breast (approx. 2 pounds)
- 1 pkg (approx. 12 oz) center cut bacon
- 1 pound white potatoes (or sweet potatoes), scrubbed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 carrots (about 8 oz) OR 8 oz. parsnips and turnips, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch pieces
WHAT YOU DO:
In a small bowl, combine parsley, garlic, lemon zest, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
Slice turkey breast almost in half horizontally- leave it attached on one side.
Open like a book; season with salt and pepper inside and out.
Stuff turkey with herb mixture and put back together.
Cover with bacon slices, tucking ends under the turkey. Secure with kitchen twine.
Combine vegetables and 1/2 c. water in roasting pan. Place turkey on top.
Cover, and bake at 375°F until thoroughly cooked (juices should run clear when meat is pierced with a knife) and veggies are tender. Cooking time varies, but estimate around 20-30 minutes per pound.
Let turkey rest 20 minutes before slicing crosswise. Serve with vegetables.
recipe adapted from MarthaStewart.com