Slow-Cooker Cheesy Black Bean Enchiladas Recipe
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 can (16 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 c. of your favorite shredded cheese (Monterey jack, colby, cheddar, etc.)
- 2 jars (approx. 16 oz. each) salsa
- 1 package corn tortillas, warmed according to instructions on pkg.
- 1 lb ground meat (beef, turkey, or chicken), browned and drained
- optional toppings: sliced olives, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, jalapenos, etc.
In a medium bowl, mix together the filling: onion, beans, spices, meat, and approx. 1/2 to 1 c. of the cheese.
Spread approximately 1 c. of salsa over the bottom of slow cooker, enough to evenly coat the bottom with a thin layer.
Fill each of the tortillas with about 1/3 c. of filling, roll tightly, and pack seam-side down into the bottom of the slow cooker.
Spread another cup of salsa over the top and sprinkle with more (but not all) of the remaining cheese. Continue rolling the remaining tortillas with the remaining filling to make one more layer; sprinkle any leftover filling on top. Finish by pouring another cup of salsa over the top of the enchiladas.
Reserve the last part of the cheese to add later.
Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on HIGH for 2 to 4 hours. For the final 15 min. of cooking, sprinkle remaining cheese over the top, re-cover, and finish cooking.
Serve enchiladas with optional toppings.