Slow Cooker Balsamic Shredded Beef Recipe – Here’s a delicious Crock Pot option. You can use this shredded meat on sandwiches, tortillas, as a nacho topping, and more.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3 lbs. chuck roast
- 2 Tbs. flour
- ½ tsp. salt plus additional if needed, to taste
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ c. diced red onion
- ¼ c. beef broth
- ½ c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
WHAT YOU DO:
1. On a large plate mix together flour, ½ tsp. salt, and pepper. Dredge the chuck roast on both sides.
2. In a large pan, heat olive oil on medium-high. Add chuck roast and brown for 3-4 min on each side, until both sides are browned and a crust forms.
3. Transfer beef to slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray (or lined with a slow cooker liner).
4. In the same pan used for the beef, sauté garlic and onion until fragrant and onions are translucent (approx. 3-4 min).
5. Stir in broth and scrape up any brown bits left from the roast. Transfer mixture to the slow cooker with the beef.
6. In a bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar (tip: use a wet dishcloth or paper towel “nest” under your bowl to whisk with one hand and add ingredients with the other). Pour over the roast.
7. Cook on HIGH for 5 hours (or LOW for 8-10 hours). Flip the roast a couple times while cooking and make sure all ingredients are combined.
8. Using two forks, shred the meat. Add salt. Combine with sauce and serve.
* * * Make ahead option: Cook as instructed above, then cool and freeze into portions. Heat on the stove or in the microwave before serving.
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 5 hours
Makes 10 servings (1/2 c. per serving)