Here’s an easy and delicious healthy meal idea: Artichoke and Lemon Chicken. I used ghee to make this recipe Whole 30 compliant, but you can use butter, coconut oil, olive oil, etc. or whatever you prefer. Just start it on the stovetop in a cast-iron skillet and move the whole thing to the oven to finish.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 4 Tbs. cooking fat (butter, coconut oil, ghee, etc), divided into two Tbs. each
- Half of one onion, sliced
- 2 cups canned artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 tsp. dill
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 lbs. uncooked chicken breasts
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
WHAT YOU DO:
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a cast-iron skillet over medium heat, melt 2 Tbs. of the cooking fat. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add artichoke hearts, dill, and lemon juice. Stir gently to combine.
Place the chicken on top of the ingredients in the skillet, then top each piece of chicken with a small pat of the remaining 2 Tbs. of cooking fat.
Put the entire skillet into the oven and bake for 45 minutes (or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F).
recipe adapted from Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo